Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A partial wish list

Since Rainbow Demon asked in the comments, I thought I'd share with y'all some of the recordings I've been trying to track down. If someone here has already got one of these on upload or is willing to shoot some files my way, I'd be tremendously grateful.

Arthur Doyle/Hamid Drake - Your Spirit is Calling (2004, Qbico)
Arthur Doyle Electro-Acoustic Ensemble - National Conspiracy (2004, Carbon [part of Carbon's CDR series & now OOP] - a remix album of tunes from Conspiracy Nation, etc.)
Rick Colbeck Quartet - The Sun is Coming Up (1970, Fontana)
The Marzette Watts Ensemble - The Marzette Watts Ensemble (1967, Savoy)
Black Artists Group - In Paris, Aries 1973 (1973, BAG)
Frank Wright - Shouting the Blues (1977, Sun Records)
Frank Wright - Kevin My Dear Son (1978, Sun Records)
The Last Poets - At Last (1976, Blue Thumb)
Sam Rivers - Black Africa! Villalago (1977, Horo)
Sam Rivers - Black Africa! Perugia (1977, Horo)
Sam Rivers - Paragon (1977, Fluid)
Albert Heath - Kwanza [The First] (1974, Muse)
Abdullah Ibrahim (Dollar Brand) - African Space Program (1973, Enja)

EDITED AND BUMPED! (10/6/2006)

And once more (10/11/2006). It's kind of cool to be able to mark some of these as found. I thought I'd managed to get a hold of Frank Wright's Kevin My Dear Son, but the mp3s that I see circulating are mangled - it's a bit jarring to be grooving on the title track only to hear the AOL "You've Got Mail!" message interrupt the proceedings. So, I'm still on a quest for that album, and it's personal with me (my first-born's name is Kevin, nuff said).